Monday, March 12, 2007

Marriage at Mid-Night:

Though heavily discounted at home, thought of a bit elevated position, since I was contributing a bit but..... Even loaded suitcase and back-pack had done little,have had quite an opposite effect.

Entry to home:

Few children started shouting "Bhaiya aa gaya Bhaiya aa gaya", my luggage was picked up and thrown in, somewhere down the labyrinth. I see all elderly people standing almost in a Q , gasped in terror ; I have to greet ( Indian style where you bend and touch the feet) all of them, have had to, this gigantic task was an endless affair. When all of this was over; I thought of eating smthin but all were busied themselves in soul-searchin ( suitcase-searchin).

My brother comes and gives me a contemptuous look, as if I am claiming his territory. Me coming home had definitely annoyed him bc he now has to take orders from me, which he never wanted.

Tusu: " aa gaya aur sab tikh hai na?" a formality; words are coming like a lion in mortal agony.
He has gone through quite a metamorphosis; tight jeans/T-shirt, curly hair nice shoes etc. I was just startled and dumb-founded.
Bum: " haan ji aa gaye, kaya haal hai"; always puts on latest attire; I am ashamed , why can't color-combination of my clothes be right and even close to ok .( Must have taken this trait from Ravi Bhaiya, looking at him reminds me how rural I am; always perfectly dressed, stylish talk and a lot of gf " God give me these attributes" but god won't listen to me).
When me a Bum were alone:
Bum;" Haan ji aaj intezaam hai raat ka, mila hai ek khamba", I was speech- less, god what wld happen to this generation; but finally I became greedy.
Story of this Khamba goes like this:
Chotu comes to home and ...
Tusu: " Haan ji paani wani pijiyega"
Chotu: " Hum ee sab na piye hi"
Bum: " Tab ka piya ha"
Chotu: gives a smug look and secretly pulls out a khamba
Bum instantly attacks at it like a hawk looking for meat. Seeing this must have inflated chotu's ego; and in tilak started asking everybody with a khamba gesture " tu le la, laeliyo ho ek khamba" . But finally settles down with when my father heard and scolded him.
In this marriage I was sacrificed and butchered like a goat; Fasting and cold bath added to my bitterness; I was purified by Thread Ceremony ( Janou). the dark side of it I came to know later, terrified , fearful, frustrated , angry, hungry; I wanted to shout but none came to help; with this I came face to face with a giant dragon Bum's dad.
He wanted a one to one to talk with me and i was like " Hey bhagwan bacha le"
This kind of Dramas happened a lot:
All gothias ( relatives) were very busy.. but in planning; they are not made by god to do manual work. " jo char (4) goe chai lao tho mehman lagi" only one guest was there rest was for themselves.
Marriage Day:
Chacha1: " Baratiyan abhi tak na althi ho, chal gadiya nikal dekhe chal".. wait.. dont confuse, he is not concerned , wanted sm paan-bidi in Bazaar.
Chacha2: Giving some valuable gyaan " Khanwa je hai na, tanhi tanhi chalhaiyan kahatm na hobe ke chaie", You should know this was outsourced.. but .. alas..
Chacha3: With a menacing look" are chunchunwa sun choe (6) goe baans le ke aayo tho" I was terrified.. god wat he is going to do with it.. but Iwas saved , it was for marwa.
Mamu: Although he was busy but looked more than he was " chal chal jaldi chal aue baratiyan ke intezaam kar"
Phua1/2: Busy with mom; some mysterious talk
Finally Barat came though late, even then dulhe raja went to visit his frnds. Subh Lagna was fleeting; smhw Daur Pooja happened but all the Saratis were dining, only family members came to greet them.
Had a small brawl with Tusu bc famous fours had gone to " mood banane" with sm1 I didnt approve.After making sure tat all visitors have taken their dinner, I was free to roam but realized ciggrettes are gone but Bum came for the support
Smhw this longest night in my life went satisfactory even though I had only few minutes of sleep in the car.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bhai..main waha pe hota toh maaja aa jata..lekin tune hume yaad hi nahi kiya????

RAKA said...

Sorry for that: But tere ko local bihari language ( magahi ) samaj mein aaya kaya?